Finding Local Contacts for Twitter

As many of you know establishing new relationships via Twitter can bring you the potential for future business.

This is one of the benefits of social networks and becoming connected online. We all get requests daily via our accounts to be contacts, friends, to follow, and so forth.

It's great that all of us in the Real Estate industry can use Twitter as a tool to keep in touch but have you ever wondered how you can make connections with those that are local to you? I am going to show you how. There is a site called Twellowhood that allows you to easliy find LOCAL contacts for your Twitter account. Below is a screen shot of a map at the Twellowhood site.

Once you are at the map you will put your mouse over the desired state and click.

This will take you to a drop down list of all the towns in your state that have Twitter members.

Looking at the screen shot below you can see that it tells you how many members there are in each town. By clicking on a specific town you will then be brought to another screen that will show you all the members that live in that town.

From this you will then be able to click the follow button should you desire to become contacts.

Screen shot below of Hopkinton. There happens to be 7 other members in my home town.

I am the 1st of the list. You can follow me @ Massrealty.

Twellow is also a directory that can be used to find people in any industry. For example is you go to the categories tab on the main page and scroll down to Real Estate you will see a list of all the Realtors who are in the directory and using Twitter. You will notice quite a few familiar Active Rain members. If you are not in the directory I would suggest you add yourself.

The Twellow directory is part of Web Pro News which is an outstanding site to learn more about social networking.

Love using Twitter? Here is a link to a Twitter application that will blow you away called Monitter. Check it out:)

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The above information on finding local contacts in Twitter was provided by Bill Gassett, the team leader for RE/MAX Executive Realty Hopkintonthe #4 RE/MAX Team in Massachusetts in 2007. Bill can be reached via email at billgassett@remaxexec.com or by phone at 508-435-5356. Bill has helped people move in and out of many Metrowest towns for the last 22+ Years. Bill's office is conveniently located in the center of Hopkinton MA at 77 Main Street.

I have a passion for Real Estate and love to share my marketing expertise! I would welcome the opportunity to earn your business.

For Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate and homes see Metrowest Mass Real Estate. Want to have MLS access to beat other buyers to your dream home? Sign up with no obligation at my MLS Property Finder Site.

I service the following towns in Metrowest Massachusetts: Hopkinton, Milford, Upton, Southboro, Westboro, Ashland, Holliston, Mendon, Hopedale, Medway, Grafton, Northbridge, Uxbridge, Franklin, Douglas, and Framingham MA.

Click here to view Bill Gassett's Real Estate profile.

Building lasting relationships by helping people move in and out of Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 22 years.

Bill Gassett is a thirty-two year veteran to the real estate industry. He enjoys providing helpful information to buyers, sellers and fellow real estate agents to make sound decisions. His work has been featured on RIS Media, National Association of Realtors, Inman News, Placester, RESAAS, Credit Sesame and others.

Comment balloon 135 commentsBill Gassett • December 15 2008 10:08AM

Comments

Hi Bill Great info and I think I am there already!  I remember connecting locally on twitter!  BTW  Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday and a very prosperous 2009!

Posted by Midori Miller, Online Marketing For Real Estate Professionals (Talk 2 Midori, LLC) over 10 years ago

Bill, awesome info !  Thanks !! I am familiar with Twellow and even Monitter (very very cool) but not TwellowHood !  Which is great because it is certainly wonderful as you say to be connected and have followers but it is the local folks and connections that can lead to the most business !

Posted by The Somers Team, Real People. Real Dreams. Real Estate. (The Somers Team at RE/MAX Access) over 10 years ago

I'm new to twitter and was wondering how to accomplish this.... Thank you

Posted by Mark Watterson, Utah Real Estate over 10 years ago

Midori - This site will give you the ability to find out who is a member of Twitter in the towns in your area. Best of luck with the tool and hope you have a great holiday as well.

Chris & Stephanie - It is great to be able to find people who are liked minded as far as using social networking. As you said this can lead to potential business down the road.

Posted by Bill Gassett, Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate (RE/MAX Executive Realty) over 10 years ago

Mark - Very easy...good luck with the tool. The Monitter site also gives you the ability to view what is going on in Twitter for specific keyword searches.

There are more apps for Twiitter than I can keep up with. I used Twitterhood yesterday for the first time and it is cool. Thanks I'll check out Monitter.

Posted by Missy Caulk, Savvy Realtor - Ann Arbor Real Estate (Missy Caulk TEAM) over 10 years ago

This is perfect info.  Just signed up a week ago.  Another missing link found.  Thank you

Posted by David Henke, Realtor, Homes Just West of Philadelphia PA (Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc) over 10 years ago

Missy - You will love Monitter because you can put in keywords and follow conversations regarding that topic.

David - Thanks. I hope you enjoy twellowhood and monitter.

Good article.

Posted by Edward & Celia Maddox, EXPERIENCE & INTEGRITY - WE TAKE THE HIGH ROAD (The Celtic Connection Realty) over 10 years ago

Thanks Bill! I've used twitterlocal, but this looks like it might be a bit more user-friendly. I'll be sure to check it out!

PS - I got THIS update because I'm following you on twitter ;-)

Posted by Joel McDonald (Joel McDonald -- www.AutomatedHomefinder.com) over 10 years ago

Joel - Check out Monniter as well. I am sure you will like it. Good to know you are a follower:)

Hi Bill, Thanks for the heads up on Twellowhood. I will check it out.

Posted by Shirley Parks, Broker, 210-414-0966, San Antonio TX Real Estate (Sands Realty 210-414-0966) over 10 years ago

Shirley make sure you check out monitter as well. The monitter tool allows you to track a conversation based on specific keywords.

Hi Bill,

I was wondering how you do that! thanks for the info my friend. :)

Posted by Suzanne Sands, Somerset MA Real Estate (Pavao Real Estate) over 10 years ago

Sandra - Your welcome. Hope you enjoy these two Twitter tools.

Bill - Thanks for another helpful twitter app. Making the local connection is so important, I love when I get a new follower from my area.

Posted by Jennifer Fivelsdal, Mid Hudson Valley real estate connection ( JFIVE Home Realty LLC | 845-758-6842|162 Deer Run Rd Red Hook NY 12571) over 10 years ago

Jennifer your local contacts are some of the best as they can lead to potential business down the road.

Bill.

Great!  Thanks for the tips.

Posted by Steve Shaw, e-PRO, Gulf Region Properties Team (Keller Williams Realty) over 10 years ago

Glad to read the article.  This makes me want to investigate Twitter.

Posted by Michael Lee over 10 years ago

Bill. I am on your list already, but I too had the thought that how does the relationship with A/R members from Texas and California help me reach my target audience. So thanks for the helping hand, I'll try this avenue. Steve

Posted by Steve Loynd, 800-926-5653, White Mountains NH ( Alpine Lakes Real Estate Inc., ) over 10 years ago

Bill,  I went to my state and city and I am not on the list.  I do not see anywhere in the profile to put a city.  All there is is a zip code and even though mine is in Maryland the profile lists me as Dover Del. area.  Any in site would be appreciated.

Posted by Scott Guay, Associate Broker. Ocean City and Ocean Pines MD (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services PenFed Realty) over 10 years ago

Bill:

Thanks for the info on twitter. I am not sure it is worth it for me yet. I did get on there and read about another local agent who talks about how he got bread for sale at Walmart and what he paid for it. That's his Tweet. Not sure if if is relevant to me. Not sure if that would interest me.

Posted by Kathy Knight, BROKER, ABR, CRS, GRI, SFR, SRES (Intracoastal Realty Corp) over 10 years ago

Steve & Christy - Your welcome:)

Michael - Glad you enjoyed the article and hope you find Twitter something that could help your business.

Steve - I think we all enjoy making contacts via Active Rain and other social networks but building contacts locally is probably a better way to make connection that could really help your business. As time goes on Twitter we grow even more in popularity.

Scott - I am not sure of your question as you mention you are not in the directory but then say the profile lists you in Dover Del?

Kathy - There are many posts in twitter that don't have much value. It is about establishing relationships. Trust me I am sure there are some techies that use the site in your area. If they are going to sell their home they will look for someone who is internet savvy.

Wow Mark, this is too cool. I'll add this link to my twitter list right now.

Thank you!

Tamara

Posted by Tamara Dorris (Master Your Market Real Estate Coaching) over 10 years ago

This looks like an intriguing tool, especially to a person like me who is still working on a good knowledge of Twitter.

Posted by Christine Donovan, Broker/Attorney 714-319-9751 DRE01267479 - Costa M (Donovan Blatt Realty) over 10 years ago

Tamara & Christine - I like it because it lets you find people who use twitter locally as well as searching for someone if a specific profession. The monitter site is cool as well because you can follow conversations based on keywords.

I just realized that I wasn't following you on Twitter!  How in the world did THAT happen???  On my way to register for this new site!

Tina in Virginia

Posted by Tina Merritt, Virginia Real Estate (Nest Realty) over 10 years ago

Thanks you for the cool took. I open it and follow the top 5 activi my local twitter. At least I know what is going on my area.

Posted by Grace Keng, CRS, CDPE (408) 799-8887 (Keller Williams Realty Cupertino) over 10 years ago

Tina - Well you better get with the program:)

Grace - Glad you like these twitter tools and applications for finding local contacts.

Great info -- just went there and edited my profile that they had online -- thanks for the heads up @EllisJason

Posted by Jason Ellis (Coastal REO Solutions - Myrtle Beach Short Sales & REO's) over 10 years ago

Thank you! I am fairly new to Twitterdom. I will do this for sure!

Posted by BethAnn Long, Realtor, CRS, e-PRO, Spokane Wa Real Estate (RE/MAX Inland Empire) over 10 years ago

Gassett 'AKA' SEO GURU;)  I finally starting implementing Twitter last week.  Maybe I will find ya on there:)  I see the light and local contacts are HUGE!

Posted by Jason Sardi, Your Agent for Life (Auto & Home & Life Insurance throughout North Carolina) over 10 years ago

ok, ok.  I've been refusing to use Twitter, but I might have to start today...

Posted by Brooks Conkle (ForeFront Real Estate LLC) over 10 years ago

Jason - Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

Bethann & Brooks - Good luck with twitter. It is worth it to be there as this site is going to grow, grow grow!

Jason -Glad to see you are coming around to be enlightened:)

Thanks Bill - I have used this and found many local people - then use Tweetdeck to sort by groups so I can truly follow those in my area.

Posted by Cathy Tishhouse, Royal Oak Real Estate (RE/MAX Showcase Homes) over 10 years ago

BTW - I did not see a link to your twitter profile to follow you.

Cathy - my link on Twitter is there. It is right above the last graphic.

Thanks Bill ~ I'm in real need of Twitter info.  I'm trying hard to understand it and wrap my brain around it's benefits...  I'm working on it.  But your info helps.  I tried the monitor - neat way to watch tweets (I guess they're called) come in on a specific topic.  Thanks again for the great info as always!

Your Raleigh Realtors

Posted by Lee & Pamela St. Peter, Making Connections to Success in Real Estate (Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices YSU Realty: (919) 645-2522) over 10 years ago

I looked at my town- there is a whopping ONe person, and what they have up is an ad.

Posted by Leslie Prest, Owner, Assoc. Broker, Prest Realty, Payson, (Leslie Prest, Prest Realty, Sales and Rentals in Payson, AZ) over 10 years ago

Bill, AWESOME tip!  I am just getting more involved in Twitter.  This is definitely a great tool for us, as long as we don't take advantage.

Posted by Kris Kombrink ~ The Kombrink Team (RE/MAX Excels - Chicago's Western Suburbs) over 10 years ago

Hi Bill - I really like how Twellowhood breaks down the users by city. For tracking keywords I use TweetGrid, which lets you follow up to nine different phrases.

Posted by John Novak, Henderson, Las Vegas and Summerlin Real Estate (Keller Williams Realty The Marketplace) over 10 years ago

Bill, that was cool. Thanks for sharing that. I don't quite get Monitter though.

Posted by Gena Riede, Real Estate Broker - Sacramento CA Real Estate (916) 417-2699 (Riede Real Estate, Lic. 01310792) over 10 years ago

Bill - thanks for this information and I have bookmarked your post.

Posted by Sharon Paxson, Newport Beach Real Estate (Compass) over 10 years ago

Lee & Pam - Your welcome. Good luck:)

Leslie - Twitter will continue to grow so you want to be ahead of the curve.

Kris - Thanks. I was hoping your twitter button would have a follow link.

John - I have seen tweetgrid as well:)

Gena - If you add in keywords into the boxes at the top you can follow specific conversations related to those keywords.

Sharon - your welcome. Good luck with the twitter applications.

Another great tool from Bill. Thank you.

Posted by Kevin Wood,, Tucson, AZ Realtor (Keller Williams Southern Arizona) over 10 years ago

Bill--I read about this last week and wasn't sure that I want my neighbors to know I am "twittering" but it could be useful. Thanks for checking it all out and sharing!

Posted by Teri Eckholm, REALTOR Serving Mpls/St Paul North & East Metro (Boardman Realty) over 10 years ago

Dave & Kevin - You welcome guys.

Teri - why would you not want your neighbors to know you are twittering?

Bill, Thanks for taking the time to share Twellowhood with us. Just what I've been looking for! I have to admit I was a bit sceptic about Twitter but I stuck with it and now I understand the huge potential Twitter has for networking.

Posted by Thomas Tolbert (Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Legacy ) over 10 years ago

Thomas - I think there are many that feel that way at 1st about twitter. It does have tremendous potential and one of the reasons it continues to grow in popularity.

Well I just spent about 45 minutes vetting my Twellowhood for likely contacts and tweeples to follow. I've found there is a huge group of technorati! Hope I can keep up! Thanks Bill.

Posted by Cat Zwicker, CRS, Down to Earth Service; Out of this World Results! (Desert Sky Real Estate, LLC) over 10 years ago

Cat it really is amazing all the different types of contacts you can find.

Didn't know about Twellohood. Appreciate the heads up. Twitter has been phenomenal. Increasing traffic to both blog and website. Thanks again for the info, Bill. Mike C

Posted by Mother Lode, Real Estate Master (Real Living Sugar Pine Realty) over 10 years ago

Thank you for the great information. I was wondering how to connect locally without just searching keywords.

Posted by David M. Childress, I would love to be your Realtor® in Akron Ohio! (Howard Hanna Real Estate Services) over 10 years ago

Dave  - your welcome...now you know:)

Bill, DARN!  LOL..I found this the other day and was going to shock everyone and post about something techincal, rotfl...glad you saved me from it:)  This is great, isn't it?  I found a few new people in my area...love it!

Posted by Elizabeth Cooper-Golden, Huntsville AL MLS (Huntsville Alabama Real Estate, (@ Homes Realty Group)) over 10 years ago

Bill - Have you used Twitterlocal?  I'm curious to see what your thoughts are on the comparisons between them all.

Posted by Matt Stigliano (Kimberly Howell Properties (210) 646-HOME) over 10 years ago

Bill ~ I am following three people from my area, and I only accidentally found them via another agent in Ohio whom I am following. I am was thrilled when I found their names and was actually wondering how I could find more friends in my area.

I am going to check out Twellowhood and TwitterLocal (mentioned above) and see how many twits are in my area. I will keep you posted!

Thanks for sharing this site Bill ~ Have a great day!

Posted by Terrie Leighton, Reno Real Estate Agent ~ Selling Homes in Reno (Ferrari-Lund Real Estate ) over 10 years ago

Wonderful post as always bro. Thanks for this. I searched for locals via Tweetdeck's functions, but don't think it would be nearly as effective as what you have shared.

Posted by Stephen Kappre, Helping You Home (KW Hometown) over 10 years ago

Elizabeth - Sorry to beat you to it:)

Matt - I think twitterlocal is an excellent site as well!

Terrie - Sounds great. This will be a great tool to find more.

Steve - Your welcome. Good luck with the applications.

Bill ~ 22 people from Sparks , where I live, and over, I think 1200 from Reno and I am no where to be found! Not good. I am off to figure out the problem. The three I am following from Reno are on the first page...I should be there as well!

Bill - What a cool site.  I will check this out later today.  I always enjoy meeting truly local people on Twitter.

Posted by Jason Crouch, Broker - Austin Texas Real Estate (512-796-7653) (Austin Texas Homes, LLC) over 10 years ago

Terrie - Looks like you have found some new followers:)

Jason - You will love these two twitter apps!

Thanks Bill, going to tcheck it tout tnow.

Posted by Everard Korthals, Mountain Realty (---Preferred Lifestyle Advisors---) over 10 years ago

OK ~ I am registered now....I had to click on the "Get Listed" button and add my Twitter name. It was easy but I just assumed it was automatic. Anyway....I am on it!

Good luck with the apps Ray.

Terrie - I just noticed I am not on twitterlocal so I need to fix that.

Bill , thanks for the tips and tricks of Twitter, I have used it on and off in the past with less than positive (business) results, but maybe this will make it more worthwhile

Posted by James Wexler (wexzilla.com) over 10 years ago

I am going to check out my "hood" right now..thanks for the tip

Posted by Tara Stone, NJ Estates and Stables (eXp Realty) over 10 years ago

Great information.  With the slow down in the market my clients are now focusing more on social networking.  Amazing how much business Twitter and others can bring.  Referrals are just as important as new clients finding you on the Internet.

Posted by Kim Hughes, Professional Real Estate Virtual Assistant (Kim Hughes & Company) over 10 years ago

great post about Twitter. i have always wondered how to find other users in my area. I will check out twellowhood asap!

Posted by Sandy McAlpine, Search Lake Norman Homes For Sale - Lake Norman NC (RE/MAX EXECUTIVE) over 10 years ago

Great info! Even more reasons to Twitter away!

Posted by Lisa M. Jackson, Affordable Solutions for Today's Agents (Lisa M. Jackson and Associates, LLC) over 10 years ago

Thanks Bill for the great information. Going save site as favs and look into it real soon. I always think I'm keeping up but let me tell you there are so many new developments all the time it is almost impossible without input from friends like yourself. Happy Holidays

Posted by Lisa Glowacki, Real Estate Broker - RI & MA (Lisa Glowacki - Rhode Island & Massachusetts) over 10 years ago

Bill - I am new to Twitter and trying to understand the process.  Thanks for the tip on Twellow.  If you have other ideas let me know.

Posted by Fred Doleac, Real Estate in a Virtual World (Fred Doleac - Bean Group) over 10 years ago

OOOh Bill, this site sounds like exactly what I have been searching for!  I am off to check it out now!

Posted by Jeremy Blanton, Myrtle Beach REALTOR®- myrtlebeachhomesblog.com (Myrtle Beach Homes Blog) over 10 years ago

Bill - I've been stalking following you for a while... I'm checking out this site - thanks!

Posted by Debbie Summers (Charles Rutenberg Realty ) over 10 years ago

Bill, This is great information.  I'm sorry that I've been putting Twitter off...it seems like fun and everyone is enjoying it.  This will come in handy when I finally sign on and learn it!

Posted by Laura Cerrano, Certified Feng Shui Expert, Speaker & Researcher (Feng Shui Manhattan Long Island) over 10 years ago

You da bomb!  Thanks, again, Bill!

Posted by Wendy Rulnick, "It's Wendy... It's Sold!" (Rulnick Realty, Inc.) over 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your comments on the twellow and monitter applications.

Bill, I guess you can never have too many friends! LOL...what a great way to locate new people. I now know how I'm going to spend my evening!  Thanks! (very deserving of that gold star my friend!)

Posted by Linda Scanlan (A Consumer's View) over 10 years ago

Great info for all the twitterers out there.  I just don't have time to do it all

Posted by Russ Ravary ~ Metro Detroit Realtor call (248) 310-6239, Michigan homes for sale ~ yesmyrealtor@gmail.com (Real Estate One) over 10 years ago

Linda & Russ - I hope you find these twitter application useful for your business and building local contacts.

Oh'boy - Another thing I need to wrap my mind around.  You're all linked in!

Posted by Jason & Amber Gardner, We're Committed to Your Success! (Hasson Company, Realtors) over 10 years ago

Bill, I'm still quite Twoopid and attempting to learn. Thanks for the tips~

Later in the rain~Deb

Posted by Deb Brooks (Brooks Prime Properties Wichita Falls Texas) over 10 years ago

Bill - very cool, thanks. I had been using the search.twitter.com to do keywords but this is much more fun - and hopefully productive ~Rita

Posted by Brian Burke, Broker & Advising Expert-Denver Luxury Real Estate (Kenna Real Estate) over 10 years ago

Amber, Deb, & Rita - You guys are welcome. I hope you find these twitter tools useful for your business and finding local contacts.

Bill, I'm new at this whole twitter thing and it's frustrating not being able to search for people on the site anymore.  Thank you so much for this helpful post!

Posted by Patricia Beck, Colorado Springs Realty (RE/MAX Properties, Inc., GRI, CDPE) over 10 years ago

Awesome website... I had no idea it existed.  Love AR.  Thanks for the effort in the blog....

Posted by TIM MONCRIEF, Over 2,000 homes sold….. (Tim Monciref) over 10 years ago

Great post my friend and "Thank You" for sharing.  I shall see you on Twitter!

Posted by George Tallabas, Idaho Real Estate (RE/MAX Advantage) over 10 years ago

Patricia - Your welcome. Good luck with the apps.

Tim & George - Your welcome. See you there as well.

Bill - just went and played with this some - great tool. Found several new local followers! And updated our info. With over 500 followers we were #33. ~Rita

Rita - Great to hear you are finding these twitter tools to be useful:)

Thanks Bill

Posted by Marlene Pellegrini over 10 years ago

This is awesome info Bill. I hadn't even heard of this!

Posted by Mara Hawks, Inactive-2012 REALTOR - Homes for Sale Auburn Real Estate, AL (First Realty Auburn ) over 10 years ago

I guess I have another tool to look at on the subject of Twitter.  I have used Twitterlocal to find people...

Posted by Lane Bailey, Realtor & Car Guy (Century 21 Results Realty) over 10 years ago

Oh this is so cool! I'm too tired to play with it tonight...but I'll be all over it tomorrow. ~GBU~

Posted by Elizabeth Nieves, Bilingual Raleigh - Durham North Carolina Real Estate Team (The Elizabeth Nieves Realty Group) over 10 years ago

Wow, there's so much Twitter stuff I feel like I'm treading water to keep up. (@NetDrifter).

Posted by Bridget Fredericks (Home After Home) over 10 years ago

Marlene, Mara, Lane, Elizabeth & Bridget - Best of luck with these twitter tools. I hope they make your business grow in 09.

Bill, this is the single most amazing post I have read on AR thus far....thank you sooooo much for the great info...I would never have known this existed without you and would still be stumbling around twitter...i am @gladwincomi (for now...thinking of changing my username!)

Posted by Sonya Loose, Selling Waterfront in Gladwin & Midland County (Modern Realty) over 10 years ago

You always have the gadget hookup, Bill.  Thanks for pointing this out.  Sadly, I require fine folks such as yourself to find these pertinent tools and spoon feed them to me in easily digestible bites that a non-tech guy can understand.

Posted by Paul Slaybaugh, Scottsdale, AZ Real Estate (Realty Executives) over 10 years ago

Sonya that is quite a compliment. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the twitter apps.

Paul - Good to know I am your gadget go to man:)

WOw and thank you. That works really well and is very good.

Posted by Bruce Dicks, Realtor, e-PRO (Saucer Realty and Capital) over 10 years ago

Bruce I am glad to hear you like the Twellow and Twellowhood page! Check out Monitter as well.

This is so cool.  Thanks.

Posted by Catherine Sinocruz, Broker-Salesperson, ABR, GRI, CRS (Coldwell Banker Select Real Estate ) over 10 years ago

Catherine I am glad you are enjoying these twitter applications:)

Thanks again for some interesting info

Posted by Michael Eisenberg, Bellingham Real Estate Guy (eXp Realty) over 10 years ago

That is awesome info. I love connecting with AR people but would like a few more locals in my own area.

Posted by Eileen Begley, Monterey Real Estate (Coldwell Banker, DelMonte) over 10 years ago

Ok, I am going to try it...I am a little scared. Why does Twitter make me so nervous?  So dumb!

Posted by Cristal Drake, Realtor - Fullerton Real Estate (Prudential California Realty) over 10 years ago

Michael, Eileen & Cristal - I am glad you found the information on the twellow and twellowhood applications to be useful. Hope you find some great local contacts.

Bill - Great post. Did not know about this app. You are the man. thanks for this. Here's another one that might help too: http://www.twitterlocal.net

You can search by zip codes.

Bob H

Posted by Robert and Lisa Hammerstein -201-315-8618, Bergen County NJ Real Estate (Keller Williams Valley Realty) over 10 years ago

Bob I am familiar with twitterlocal but what I can not figure out about that site is why I do not show up for my zip code?

hmmm i wonder if theres a map like that for Canadian and canadian twitterers eh? :-)

Posted by Liz Moras Migic, Chilliwack, British Columbia - Realtor over 10 years ago

Liz - I am not sure if Twitter has a directory for Canada. Worth checking out though:)

Bill, I've been out of it for a few days and missed this! I'm going to try it, probablly tomorrow.(I'd like to get out of here before the 5pm traffic!) I'm still learning twitter. If you could tell me one thing to do/learn/read there, what would it be?? Merry Christmas!

Posted by Connie Harvey, Realtor - Nashville TN Real Estate (Pilkerton Realtors) over 10 years ago

Connie I don't think there is really much to do other than follow the conversations that interest you and make connections with others. Good luck with these Twitter apps.

thanks BIll you are always such a resource for information

Posted by Tucson Real Estate Experts Anne McKechnie, Previews Property Specialist (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage) over 10 years ago

Your welcome Ann. I hope you enjoy these Twitter apps.

Bill, i just mentioned this to others in our Active Rain members on Twitter Checklist.

Thanks Ray I appreciate you mentioning my article.

Bill, cool tips, THANKS!  I tried out Monitter, I'll have to go back when I have more time.

Join my NEW group for professionals who work from their home office at http://activerain.com/groups/virtualoffice

Regina P. Brown

Posted by Regina P. Brown, M.B.A., Broker, Instructor (MBA Broker Consultants) over 10 years ago

Bill, anytime my friend!

Bill - As usual you have taught me something new.  Many thanks, twellowhood looks like a great resource.

Posted by Pam Dent, REALTOR® - Charlottesville Virginia Homes / Horse (Gayle Harvey Real Estate, Inc.) over 10 years ago

Pam glad to help out with finding useful local contacts for Twitter. I hope you are enjoying the Twellowhood directory.

Thanks so much for the post Bill . .I can't wait to see how many are in Allendale . . .probably a big fat 0 . . but what the heck  . . .

Posted by Tami Vroma, Realtor, Grand Rapids MI Real Estate (West Michigan Real Estate Specialist-Five Star Real Estate) over 10 years ago

Tami I hope you are able to find some good local business contacts from Twitter and Twellowhood.

I have been trying to figure out how to follow people here locally.  Thanks for sharing!!

Posted by Marchel Peterson, Spring TX Real Estate E-Pro (Results Realty) over 10 years ago

Marchel your welcome. This is one of the better Twitter apps for that exact reason.

Excellent way to find local folks.

Thanks

Tony

Posted by Tony Grego, 317-663-4173 #1 Trade Association for Alternative Inv (REISA - 317-663-4173) over 10 years ago

Thanks Tony...Glad you found this Twitter application to be of value.

This is ALL very new to me, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction...I'm off to twellow land

Posted by Kelly Willey, Florida Keys Luxury Sales, Marathon, Key Colony (Coco Plum Real Estate, Kelly Willey, FLORIDA KEYS) over 10 years ago

Good luck Coco Plum:)

The information was very helpful - thank you!!

Peter J. Goodman, Esq.

www.pjgoodmanesq.net

Posted by Peter Goodman (The Law Office of Peter J. Goodman) about 10 years ago

You are welcome Peter.

Posted by Bill Gassett, Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate (RE/MAX Executive Realty) about 10 years ago

I must admit that I do have a twitter and mysteriously have a few dozen followers, but have never really figured out how to use it or subscribed to anyone else.  Not sure I really want to hear updates about other people and what they are doing.

Posted by Robert May, Real estate consulting (Robert W May - Lethbridge Real Estate) about 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing this with us Bill. I just joined. I wish Joining Geo Twitter was this easy. I am having trouble for some reason registering on Geotwitter. Have a great weekend. Great post.

Posted by Lanre-"THE REAL ESTATE FARMER" Folayan, I don't make promises.I deliver results.SOLD HOMES (Keller Williams Select Realtors-Buy a home in Washington DC. Sell a home in Washington DC) about 10 years ago